Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, January 3, 2014 at 23:22:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 10%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 3, 2014 at 23:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.08 meters/second, 1580.7 km/hour, 982.2 miles/hour or 853.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.1"||16.37 mi||west||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||north||16.37 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 10.6"||982.07 mi||west||0° 10' 39.9"||12.22 mi||north||982.43 mi|
|24 hours||13° 11' 32.6"||897.47 mi||east||4° 28' 22.1"||307.38 mi||north||953.86 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Fri 1:52 PM||623 km||387 miles||337 nm||WNW|
|Adamstown||Fri 3:22 PM||1671 km||1038 miles||902 nm||SSE|
|Papeete||Fri 1:22 PM||1854 km||1152 miles||1001 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 1:22 PM||2921 km||1815 miles||1577 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Fri 1:22 PM||3002 km||1865 miles||1621 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Fri 6:22 PM||3176 km||1974 miles||1715 nm||SE|
|Alofi||Fri 12:22 PM||3974 km||2469 miles||2146 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 12:22 PM||4082 km||2537 miles||2204 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sat 1:22 PM||4124 km||2562 miles||2227 nm||W|
|Honolulu||Fri 1:22 PM||4374 km||2718 miles||2362 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.