Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 3, 2014 at 11:22:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 10%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 3, 2014 at 23:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.08 meters/second, 1580.7 km/hour, 982.2 miles/hour or 853.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.1"||16.37 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||North||16.37 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 10.6"||982.07 mi||West||0° 10' 39.9"||12.22 mi||North||982.43 mi|
|24 hours||13° 11' 32.6"||897.47 mi||East||4° 28' 22.1"||307.38 mi||North||953.86 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Fri 1:52 PM||623 km||387 miles||337 nm||WNW|
|Adamstown||Fri 3:22 PM||1671 km||1038 miles||902 nm||SSE|
|Papeete||Fri 1:22 PM||1854 km||1152 miles||1001 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 1:22 PM||2921 km||1815 miles||1577 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Fri 1:22 PM||3002 km||1865 miles||1621 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Fri 6:22 PM||3176 km||1974 miles||1715 nm||SE|
|Alofi||Fri 12:22 PM||3974 km||2470 miles||2146 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 12:22 PM||4079 km||2534 miles||2202 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sat 1:22 PM||4124 km||2562 miles||2227 nm||W|
|Honolulu||Fri 1:22 PM||4374 km||2718 miles||2362 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.