Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, January 3, 2014 at 23:32:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 10%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 3, 2014 at 23:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.13 meters/second, 1580.9 km/hour, 982.3 miles/hour or 853.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.1"||16.37 mi||west||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||north||16.37 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 11.3"||982.18 mi||west||0° 10' 40.5"||12.23 mi||north||982.54 mi|
|24 hours||13° 11' 15.4"||897.23 mi||east||4° 28' 31.5"||307.56 mi||north||953.68 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Fri 2:02 PM||373 km||232 miles||201 nm||WNW|
|Papeete||Fri 1:32 PM||1624 km||1009 miles||877 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Fri 3:32 PM||1754 km||1090 miles||947 nm||SSE|
|Kiritimati||Sat 1:32 PM||2686 km||1669 miles||1450 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Fri 1:32 PM||2770 km||1721 miles||1495 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Fri 6:32 PM||3387 km||2104 miles||1829 nm||SE|
|Alofi||Fri 12:32 PM||3725 km||2315 miles||2011 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 12:32 PM||3819 km||2373 miles||2062 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sat 1:32 PM||3864 km||2401 miles||2086 nm||W|
|Honolulu||Fri 1:32 PM||4220 km||2622 miles||2279 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.