Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 3, 2014 at 11:42:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 10%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 3, 2014 at 23:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.17 meters/second, 1581.0 km/hour, 982.4 miles/hour or 853.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.1"||16.37 mi||West||0° 00' 10.6"||0.20 mi||North||16.37 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 12.1"||982.29 mi||West||0° 10' 41.1"||12.24 mi||North||982.64 mi|
|24 hours||13° 10' 58.0"||896.99 mi||East||4° 28' 41.0"||307.74 mi||North||953.49 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Fri 2:12 PM||170 km||105 miles||92 nm||NNW|
|Papeete||Fri 1:42 PM||1404 km||873 miles||758 nm||SW|
|Adamstown||Fri 3:42 PM||1869 km||1161 miles||1009 nm||SSE|
|Kiritimati||Sat 1:42 PM||2458 km||1527 miles||1327 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Fri 1:42 PM||2542 km||1580 miles||1373 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Fri 12:42 PM||3478 km||2161 miles||1878 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 12:42 PM||3552 km||2207 miles||1918 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Fri 6:42 PM||3602 km||2238 miles||1945 nm||SE|
|Apia *||Sat 1:42 PM||3605 km||2240 miles||1946 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Sat 12:42 PM||4065 km||2526 miles||2195 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.