Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, January 4, 2014 at 12:22:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 10%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 4, 2014 at 00:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.36 meters/second, 1581.7 km/hour, 982.8 miles/hour or 854.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.1"||16.38 mi||West||0° 00' 10.6"||0.20 mi||North||16.38 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 15.0"||982.71 mi||West||0° 10' 43.2"||12.28 mi||North||983.07 mi|
|24 hours||13° 09' 49.4"||896.02 mi||East||4° 29' 17.7"||308.44 mi||North||952.74 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Fri 2:22 PM||779 km||484 miles||420 nm||SSW|
|Papeete||Fri 2:22 PM||814 km||506 miles||440 nm||S|
|Taiohae||Fri 2:52 PM||991 km||616 miles||535 nm||E|
|Kiritimati||Sat 2:22 PM||1664 km||1034 miles||898 nm||NW|
|Rarotonga||Fri 2:22 PM||1716 km||1066 miles||927 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 1:22 PM||2498 km||1552 miles||1349 nm||W|
|Alofi||Fri 1:22 PM||2507 km||1557 miles||1353 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Fri 4:22 PM||2538 km||1577 miles||1371 nm||SE|
|Apia *||Sat 2:22 PM||2569 km||1597 miles||1387 nm||WSW|
|Nukualofa||Sat 1:22 PM||3104 km||1929 miles||1676 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.