Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, January 4, 2014 at 12:42:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 10%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 4, 2014 at 00:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.46 meters/second, 1582.1 km/hour, 983.0 miles/hour or 854.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.1"||16.38 mi||West||0° 00' 10.6"||0.20 mi||North||16.38 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 16.5"||982.93 mi||West||0° 10' 44.4"||12.30 mi||North||983.28 mi|
|24 hours||13° 09' 15.0"||895.54 mi||East||4° 29' 35.9"||308.79 mi||North||952.36 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Fri 2:42 PM||717 km||445 miles||387 nm||SSE|
|Papeete||Fri 2:42 PM||904 km||562 miles||488 nm||SSE|
|Rarotonga||Fri 2:42 PM||1406 km||874 miles||759 nm||SSW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 2:42 PM||1409 km||875 miles||761 nm||NNW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 1:42 PM||1971 km||1225 miles||1064 nm||W|
|Alofi||Fri 1:42 PM||2043 km||1269 miles||1103 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Sat 2:42 PM||2055 km||1277 miles||1110 nm||WSW|
|Nukualofa||Sat 1:42 PM||2641 km||1641 miles||1426 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Fri 12:42 PM||2817 km||1750 miles||1521 nm||WNW|
|Adamstown||Fri 4:42 PM||2948 km||1832 miles||1592 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.