Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, January 4, 2014 at 1:32:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 10%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 4, 2014 at 01:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.69 meters/second, 1582.9 km/hour, 983.6 miles/hour or 854.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.3"||16.39 mi||West||0° 00' 10.7"||0.21 mi||North||16.39 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 20.3"||983.45 mi||West||0° 10' 47.1"||12.35 mi||North||983.80 mi|
|24 hours||13° 07' 49.6"||894.34 mi||East||4° 30' 19.9"||309.62 mi||North||951.42 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fakaofo||Sat 2:32 PM||654 km||406 miles||353 nm||W|
|Pago Pago||Fri 2:32 PM||752 km||468 miles||406 nm||SW|
|Apia *||Sat 3:32 PM||821 km||510 miles||443 nm||WSW|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Sat 3:32 PM||858 km||533 miles||464 nm||WSW|
|Rawaki||Sat 2:32 PM||921 km||573 miles||498 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Fri 2:32 PM||1114 km||692 miles||602 nm||SSW|
|Rarotonga||Fri 3:32 PM||1371 km||852 miles||740 nm||SSE|
|Kiritimati||Sat 3:32 PM||1585 km||985 miles||856 nm||NE|
|Nukualofa||Sat 2:32 PM||1622 km||1008 miles||876 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Fri 1:32 PM||1679 km||1043 miles||907 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.