Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, January 4, 2014 at 01:32:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 10%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:14 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 4, 2014 at 01:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.70 meters/second, 1582.9 km/hour, 983.6 miles/hour or 854.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.3"||16.39 mi||west||0° 00' 10.7"||0.21 mi||north||16.39 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 20.4"||983.53 mi||west||0° 10' 47.2"||12.36 mi||north||983.88 mi|
|24 hours||13° 07' 47.6"||894.38 mi||east||4° 30' 20.9"||309.66 mi||north||951.46 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fakaofo||Sat 2:32 PM||628 km||390 miles||339 nm||W|
|Pago Pago||Fri 2:32 PM||729 km||453 miles||394 nm||SW|
|Apia *||Sat 3:32 PM||796 km||495 miles||430 nm||WSW|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Sat 3:32 PM||833 km||518 miles||450 nm||WSW|
|Rawaki||Sat 2:32 PM||902 km||561 miles||487 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Fri 2:32 PM||1101 km||684 miles||595 nm||SSW|
|Rarotonga||Fri 3:32 PM||1384 km||860 miles||747 nm||SSE|
|Kiritimati||Sat 3:32 PM||1602 km||995 miles||865 nm||NE|
|Nukualofa||Sat 2:32 PM||1604 km||996 miles||866 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Fri 1:32 PM||1657 km||1030 miles||895 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.