Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, January 4, 2014 at 5:22:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 11%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 4, 2014 at 05:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.75 meters/second, 1586.7 km/hour, 985.9 miles/hour or 856.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.6"||16.43 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||North||16.43 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 37.4"||985.82 mi||West||0° 10' 58.8"||12.58 mi||North||986.15 mi|
|24 hours||13° 01' 22.1"||888.85 mi||East||4° 33' 23.6"||313.12 mi||North||946.97 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mount Hagen||Sat 3:22 PM||662 km||411 miles||358 nm||NE|
|Jayapura||Sat 2:22 PM||768 km||477 miles||415 nm||N|
|Port Moresby||Sat 3:22 PM||860 km||534 miles||464 nm||E|
|Lae||Sat 3:22 PM||889 km||553 miles||480 nm||ENE|
|Darwin||Sat 2:52 PM||992 km||617 miles||536 nm||WSW|
|Cairns||Sat 3:22 PM||1088 km||676 miles||588 nm||SE|
|Manokwari||Sat 2:22 PM||1107 km||688 miles||598 nm||NNW|
|Dili||Sat 2:22 PM||1518 km||943 miles||820 nm||W|
|Alice Springs||Sat 2:52 PM||1691 km||1051 miles||913 nm||SSW|
|Melekeok||Sat 2:22 PM||1936 km||1203 miles||1046 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.