Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, January 4, 2014 at 5:32:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 16%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, January 4, 2014 at 17:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.72 meters/second, 1597.4 km/hour, 992.6 miles/hour or 862.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.5"||16.54 mi||West||0° 00' 11.3"||0.22 mi||North||16.54 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 30.1"||992.48 mi||West||0° 11' 26.8"||13.11 mi||North||992.77 mi|
|24 hours||12° 42' 05.2"||871.89 mi||East||4° 39' 44.7"||320.37 mi||North||932.10 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Campina Grande||Sat 2:32 PM||66 km||41 miles||36 nm||ESE|
|Caruaru||Sat 2:32 PM||143 km||89 miles||77 nm||SSE|
|João Pessoa||Sat 2:32 PM||174 km||108 miles||94 nm||E|
|Natal||Sat 2:32 PM||198 km||123 miles||107 nm||NE|
|Garanhuns||Sat 2:32 PM||200 km||124 miles||108 nm||S|
|Recife||Sat 2:32 PM||203 km||126 miles||110 nm||ESE|
|Mossoró||Sat 2:32 PM||231 km||144 miles||125 nm||NNW|
|Maceió||Sat 2:32 PM||295 km||183 miles||159 nm||SSE|
|Fortaleza||Sat 2:32 PM||435 km||271 miles||235 nm||NNW|
|Fernando de Noronha||Sat 3:32 PM||572 km||355 miles||309 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.