Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, January 6, 2014 at 3:40:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 29%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, January 6, 2014 at 03:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.13 meters/second, 1613.3 km/hour, 1002.4 miles/hour or 871.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.5"||16.71 mi||West||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||North||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 30.1"||1002.37 mi||West||0° 11' 39.8"||13.36 mi||North||1002.47 mi|
|24 hours||12° 00' 50.2"||830.99 mi||East||4° 33' 48.6"||313.55 mi||North||887.60 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kanton Island||Mon 4:40 PM||290 km||180 miles||157 nm||SSW|
|Rawaki||Mon 4:40 PM||363 km||226 miles||196 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Sun 3:40 PM||663 km||412 miles||358 nm||W|
|Howland Island||Sun 3:40 PM||688 km||428 miles||372 nm||WNW|
|Atafu||Mon 4:40 PM||922 km||573 miles||498 nm||SSW|
|Fakaofo||Mon 4:40 PM||989 km||615 miles||534 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Mon 3:40 PM||1445 km||898 miles||780 nm||SW|
|Apia *||Mon 5:40 PM||1487 km||924 miles||803 nm||S|
|Kiritimati||Mon 5:40 PM||1494 km||928 miles||807 nm||E|
|Tarawa||Mon 3:40 PM||1842 km||1144 miles||994 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.