Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, January 6, 2014 at 21:40:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 37%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:14 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:40 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, January 6, 2014 at 21:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.89 meters/second, 1612.4 km/hour, 1001.9 miles/hour or 870.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.70 mi||west||0° 00' 11.2"||0.21 mi||north||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 12.7"||1001.91 mi||west||0° 11' 14.6"||12.88 mi||north||1001.90 mi|
|24 hours||11° 47' 31.8"||814.61 mi||east||4° 19' 16.5"||296.95 mi||north||864.80 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|San José del Guaviare||Mon 4:40 PM||107 km||67 miles||58 nm||WSW|
|Villavicencio||Mon 4:40 PM||241 km||150 miles||130 nm||WNW|
|Mitú||Mon 4:40 PM||259 km||161 miles||140 nm||SE|
|Bogota||Mon 4:40 PM||312 km||194 miles||168 nm||NW|
|Florencia||Mon 4:40 PM||452 km||281 miles||244 nm||WSW|
|Manizales||Mon 4:40 PM||473 km||294 miles||256 nm||WNW|
|Pereira||Mon 4:40 PM||478 km||297 miles||258 nm||WNW|
|Bucaramanga||Mon 4:40 PM||481 km||299 miles||260 nm||NNW|
|Cali||Mon 4:40 PM||526 km||327 miles||284 nm||W|
|Puerto Ayacucho||Mon 5:10 PM||547 km||340 miles||295 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.