Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, January 6, 2014 at 9:40:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 37%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, January 6, 2014 at 21:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.89 meters/second, 1612.4 km/hour, 1001.9 miles/hour or 870.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.70 mi||West||0° 00' 11.2"||0.21 mi||North||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 12.7"||1001.84 mi||West||0° 11' 14.6"||12.88 mi||North||1001.83 mi|
|24 hours||11° 47' 32.4"||814.56 mi||East||4° 19' 17.5"||296.95 mi||North||864.77 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|San José del Guaviare||Mon 4:40 PM||134 km||83 miles||73 nm||WSW|
|Mitú||Mon 4:40 PM||240 km||149 miles||130 nm||SE|
|Villavicencio||Mon 4:40 PM||268 km||166 miles||144 nm||WNW|
|Bogota||Mon 4:40 PM||337 km||209 miles||182 nm||WNW|
|Florencia||Mon 4:40 PM||480 km||298 miles||259 nm||WSW|
|Bucaramanga||Mon 4:40 PM||492 km||305 miles||265 nm||NNW|
|Manizales||Mon 4:40 PM||500 km||311 miles||270 nm||WNW|
|Pereira||Mon 4:40 PM||505 km||314 miles||273 nm||WNW|
|Puerto Ayacucho||Mon 5:10 PM||522 km||324 miles||282 nm||NE|
|Cúcuta||Mon 4:40 PM||554 km||344 miles||299 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.