Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 7, 2014 at 3:40:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 40%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 7, 2014 at 03:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.45 meters/second, 1610.8 km/hour, 1000.9 miles/hour or 869.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.68 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||North||16.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 23.6"||1000.83 mi||West||0° 11' 02.3"||12.64 mi||North||1000.80 mi|
|24 hours||11° 44' 21.3"||809.92 mi||East||4° 13' 02.7"||289.80 mi||North||857.50 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Tue 5:40 PM||284 km||176 miles||153 nm||SSE|
|Honolulu||Mon 5:40 PM||1903 km||1183 miles||1028 nm||N|
|Baker Island||Mon 3:40 PM||2041 km||1268 miles||1102 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 4:40 PM||2049 km||1273 miles||1106 nm||SW|
|Apia *||Tue 5:40 PM||2465 km||1532 miles||1331 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Mon 5:40 PM||2591 km||1610 miles||1399 nm||SSE|
|Rarotonga||Mon 5:40 PM||2808 km||1745 miles||1516 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Tue 3:40 PM||2839 km||1764 miles||1533 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Mon 4:40 PM||2851 km||1771 miles||1539 nm||SSW|
|Tarawa||Tue 3:40 PM||3178 km||1975 miles||1716 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.