Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 7, 2014 at 3:50:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 40%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 7, 2014 at 03:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.43 meters/second, 1610.8 km/hour, 1000.9 miles/hour or 869.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.68 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||North||16.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 23.7"||1000.80 mi||West||0° 11' 01.9"||12.63 mi||North||1000.76 mi|
|24 hours||11° 44' 16.6"||809.79 mi||East||4° 12' 51.6"||289.60 mi||North||857.30 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Tue 5:50 PM||476 km||296 miles||257 nm||ESE|
|Baker Island||Mon 3:50 PM||1780 km||1106 miles||961 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 4:50 PM||1878 km||1167 miles||1014 nm||SW|
|Honolulu||Mon 5:50 PM||1928 km||1198 miles||1041 nm||N|
|Apia *||Tue 5:50 PM||2320 km||1442 miles||1253 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Tue 3:50 PM||2611 km||1622 miles||1410 nm||WSW|
|Papeete||Mon 5:50 PM||2706 km||1681 miles||1461 nm||SSE|
|Alofi||Mon 4:50 PM||2748 km||1708 miles||1484 nm||SSW|
|Rarotonga||Mon 5:50 PM||2811 km||1747 miles||1518 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Tue 3:50 PM||2910 km||1809 miles||1572 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.