Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 7, 2014 at 9:40:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 42%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 7, 2014 at 09:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.83 meters/second, 1608.6 km/hour, 999.5 miles/hour or 868.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.66 mi||West||0° 00' 10.7"||0.21 mi||North||16.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 32.9"||999.45 mi||West||0° 10' 48.1"||12.37 mi||North||999.38 mi|
|24 hours||11° 41' 45.2"||805.67 mi||East||4° 06' 09.9"||281.94 mi||North||850.45 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Pekan Tutong||Tue 5:40 PM||53 km||33 miles||29 nm||SSE|
|Bandar Seri Begawan||Tue 5:40 PM||69 km||43 miles||37 nm||ESE|
|Kuala Belait||Tue 5:40 PM||73 km||45 miles||39 nm||SSW|
|Miri||Tue 5:40 PM||102 km||63 miles||55 nm||SSW|
|Kota Kinabalu||Tue 5:40 PM||203 km||126 miles||110 nm||ENE|
|Kuching||Tue 5:40 PM||606 km||377 miles||327 nm||SW|
|Puerto Princesa||Tue 5:40 PM||692 km||430 miles||373 nm||NE|
|Balikpapan||Tue 5:40 PM||764 km||475 miles||413 nm||SSE|
|Pontianak||Tue 4:40 PM||808 km||502 miles||437 nm||SW|
|Palangka Raya||Tue 4:40 PM||823 km||511 miles||444 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.