Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 7, 2014 at 2:40:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 44%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 7, 2014 at 14:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.20 meters/second, 1606.3 km/hour, 998.1 miles/hour or 867.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||16.63 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||North||16.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 39.4"||998.04 mi||West||0° 10' 35.0"||12.12 mi||North||997.94 mi|
|24 hours||11° 40' 00.4"||802.43 mi||East||3° 59' 58.6"||274.86 mi||North||844.75 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Goba||Tue 5:40 PM||231 km||144 miles||125 nm||WNW|
|Dire Dawa||Tue 5:40 PM||385 km||239 miles||208 nm||N|
|Awasa||Tue 5:40 PM||388 km||241 miles||209 nm||WNW|
|Adama||Tue 5:40 PM||392 km||244 miles||212 nm||NW|
|Hargeisa||Tue 5:40 PM||452 km||281 miles||244 nm||NNE|
|Addis Ababa||Tue 5:40 PM||470 km||292 miles||254 nm||NW|
|Debre Berhan||Tue 5:40 PM||470 km||292 miles||254 nm||NNW|
|Arba Minch||Tue 5:40 PM||477 km||296 miles||257 nm||W|
|Dikhil||Tue 5:40 PM||555 km||345 miles||300 nm||N|
|Ali Sabieh||Tue 5:40 PM||565 km||351 miles||305 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.