Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 7, 2014 at 4:40:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 45%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 7, 2014 at 16:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 445.92 meters/second, 1605.3 kilometres/hour, 997.5 miles/hour or 866.8 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||16.62 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||North||16.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 41.8"||997.41 mi||West||0° 10' 29.5"||12.02 mi||North||997.31 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 24.5"||801.20 mi||East||3° 57' 23.4"||271.90 mi||North||842.52 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Ngaoundéré||Tue 5:40 PM||125 km||78 miles||68 nm||NE|
|Bertoua||Tue 5:40 PM||229 km||142 miles||124 nm||SSE|
|Bamenda||Tue 5:40 PM||303 km||188 miles||163 nm||W|
|Jalingo||Tue 5:40 PM||314 km||195 miles||170 nm||NNW|
|Garoua||Tue 5:40 PM||320 km||199 miles||173 nm||N|
|Yaoundé||Tue 5:40 PM||322 km||200 miles||174 nm||SSW|
|Bozoum||Tue 5:40 PM||392 km||244 miles||212 nm||E|
|Berbérati||Tue 5:40 PM||408 km||253 miles||220 nm||SE|
|Moundou||Tue 5:40 PM||426 km||265 miles||230 nm||ENE|
|Douala||Tue 5:40 PM||439 km||273 miles||237 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.