Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, January 7, 2014 at 21:40:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 48%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 7, 2014 at 21:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.16 meters/second, 1602.6 km/hour, 995.8 miles/hour or 865.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||16.60 mi||west||0° 00' 10.2"||0.20 mi||north||16.60 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 46.9"||995.69 mi||west||0° 10' 14.8"||11.74 mi||north||995.56 mi|
|24 hours||11° 38' 09.4"||798.31 mi||east||3° 50' 39.6"||264.21 mi||north||837.06 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Georgetown||Tue 5:40 PM||182 km||113 miles||98 nm||ESE|
|Linden||Tue 5:40 PM||216 km||134 miles||117 nm||SE|
|New Amsterdam||Tue 5:40 PM||272 km||169 miles||147 nm||ESE|
|Nieuw Nickerie||Tue 6:40 PM||339 km||211 miles||183 nm||ESE|
|San Fernando||Tue 5:40 PM||378 km||235 miles||204 nm||NNW|
|Chaguanas||Tue 5:40 PM||398 km||248 miles||215 nm||NNW|
|Port of Spain||Tue 5:40 PM||417 km||259 miles||225 nm||NNW|
|Ciudad Bolívar||Tue 5:10 PM||431 km||268 miles||233 nm||WNW|
|Scarborough||Tue 5:40 PM||441 km||274 miles||238 nm||NNW|
|Maturín||Tue 5:10 PM||465 km||289 miles||251 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.