Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 7, 2014 at 10:40:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 48%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 7, 2014 at 22:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.99 meters/second, 1602.0 km/hour, 995.4 miles/hour or 865.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||16.59 mi||West||0° 00' 10.2"||0.20 mi||North||16.59 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 47.9"||995.32 mi||West||0° 10' 11.8"||11.68 mi||North||995.19 mi|
|24 hours||11° 37' 56.9"||797.76 mi||East||3° 49' 16.3"||262.62 mi||North||835.99 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bucaramanga||Tue 5:40 PM||131 km||81 miles||71 nm||ESE|
|Cúcuta||Tue 5:40 PM||196 km||122 miles||106 nm||ENE|
|Medellin||Tue 5:40 PM||203 km||126 miles||109 nm||SW|
|San Cristóbal||Tue 6:10 PM||224 km||139 miles||121 nm||E|
|Montería||Tue 5:40 PM||228 km||142 miles||123 nm||NW|
|Manizales||Tue 5:40 PM||303 km||189 miles||164 nm||SSW|
|Bogota||Tue 5:40 PM||321 km||200 miles||174 nm||S|
|Pereira||Tue 5:40 PM||338 km||210 miles||183 nm||SSW|
|Cartagena||Tue 5:40 PM||353 km||219 miles||191 nm||NNW|
|Villavicencio||Tue 5:40 PM||376 km||234 miles||203 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.