Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 2:50:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 02:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.28 meters/second, 1599.4 km/hour, 993.8 miles/hour or 863.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||16.56 mi||West||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||North||16.56 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 51.4"||993.70 mi||West||0° 09' 58.7"||11.43 mi||North||993.56 mi|
|24 hours||11° 37' 12.5"||795.58 mi||East||3° 43' 19.5"||255.81 mi||North||831.62 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Wed 4:50 PM||2603 km||1618 miles||1406 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Tue 4:50 PM||2877 km||1788 miles||1553 nm||WNW|
|Papeete||Tue 4:50 PM||3282 km||2039 miles||1772 nm||SSW|
|Los Angeles||Tue 6:50 PM||3323 km||2065 miles||1794 nm||NNE|
|Hermosillo||Tue 7:50 PM||3394 km||2109 miles||1833 nm||NE|
|San Francisco||Tue 6:50 PM||3502 km||2176 miles||1891 nm||NNE|
|Phoenix||Tue 7:50 PM||3637 km||2260 miles||1964 nm||NE|
|Las Vegas||Tue 6:50 PM||3675 km||2284 miles||1984 nm||NNE|
|Adamstown||Tue 6:50 PM||3714 km||2308 miles||2006 nm||S|
|Mexico City||Tue 8:50 PM||4032 km||2505 miles||2177 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.