Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 03:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.19 meters/second, 1599.1 km/hour, 993.6 miles/hour or 863.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||16.56 mi||West||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||North||16.56 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 51.6"||993.50 mi||West||0° 09' 57.0"||11.40 mi||North||993.36 mi|
|24 hours||11° 37' 08.2"||795.33 mi||East||3° 42' 35.6"||254.98 mi||North||831.10 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Wed 5:20 PM||1845 km||1146 miles||996 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Tue 5:20 PM||2233 km||1388 miles||1206 nm||NW|
|Papeete||Tue 5:20 PM||2975 km||1849 miles||1607 nm||SSW|
|Los Angeles||Tue 7:20 PM||3747 km||2329 miles||2023 nm||NE|
|Fakaofo||Wed 4:20 PM||3784 km||2351 miles||2043 nm||WSW|
|Rarotonga||Tue 5:20 PM||3802 km||2362 miles||2053 nm||SSW|
|San Francisco||Tue 7:20 PM||3813 km||2370 miles||2059 nm||NNE|
|Adamstown||Tue 7:20 PM||3908 km||2428 miles||2110 nm||SSE|
|Baker Island||Tue 3:20 PM||3931 km||2443 miles||2123 nm||WSW|
|Hermosillo||Tue 8:20 PM||3977 km||2471 miles||2147 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.