Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:30:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 03:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 444.16 meters/second, 1599.0 kilometres/hour, 993.5 miles/hour or 863.4 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||16.56 mi||West||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||North||16.56 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 51.7"||993.43 mi||West||0° 09' 56.5"||11.39 mi||North||993.29 mi|
|24 hours||11° 37' 06.7"||795.24 mi||East||3° 42' 21.0"||254.70 mi||North||830.93 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Wed 5:30 PM||1602 km||996 miles||865 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Tue 5:30 PM||2039 km||1267 miles||1101 nm||NW|
|Papeete||Tue 5:30 PM||2915 km||1811 miles||1574 nm||S|
|Fakaofo||Wed 4:30 PM||3558 km||2211 miles||1921 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Tue 3:30 PM||3671 km||2281 miles||1982 nm||WSW|
|Rarotonga||Tue 5:30 PM||3676 km||2284 miles||1985 nm||SSW|
|Apia *||Wed 5:30 PM||3893 km||2419 miles||2102 nm||SW|
|Los Angeles||Tue 7:30 PM||3910 km||2430 miles||2111 nm||NE|
|San Francisco||Tue 7:30 PM||3942 km||2449 miles||2128 nm||NNE|
|Adamstown||Tue 7:30 PM||4005 km||2488 miles||2162 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.