Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:40:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 11:16 AM|
|This phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Thursday, January 16, 2014 at 4:54 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 03:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.13 meters/second, 1598.9 km/hour, 993.5 miles/hour or 863.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||16.56 mi||West||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||North||16.56 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 52.0"||993.37 mi||West||0° 09' 56.0"||11.38 mi||North||993.22 mi|
|24 hours||11° 37' 05.3"||795.16 mi||East||3° 42' 06.3"||254.42 mi||North||830.76 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Wed 5:40 PM||1369 km||851 miles||739 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Tue 5:40 PM||1862 km||1157 miles||1005 nm||NW|
|Papeete||Tue 5:40 PM||2878 km||1788 miles||1554 nm||S|
|Fakaofo||Wed 4:40 PM||3339 km||2075 miles||1803 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Tue 3:40 PM||3412 km||2120 miles||1842 nm||WSW|
|Rarotonga||Tue 5:40 PM||3565 km||2215 miles||1925 nm||SSW|
|Apia *||Wed 5:40 PM||3691 km||2293 miles||1993 nm||SW|
|Midway||Tue 4:40 PM||3888 km||2416 miles||2100 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Tue 4:40 PM||3952 km||2455 miles||2134 nm||SW|
|San Francisco||Tue 7:40 PM||4080 km||2535 miles||2203 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.