Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:50:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Thursday, January 16, 2014 at 4:54 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 03:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.10 meters/second, 1598.7 km/hour, 993.4 miles/hour or 863.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||16.56 mi||West||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||North||16.56 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 52.1"||993.30 mi||West||0° 09' 55.4"||11.37 mi||North||993.15 mi|
|24 hours||11° 37' 03.8"||795.08 mi||East||3° 41' 51.7"||254.14 mi||North||830.59 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Wed 5:50 PM||1151 km||715 miles||621 nm||SW|
|Honolulu||Tue 5:50 PM||1706 km||1060 miles||921 nm||NNW|
|Papeete||Tue 5:50 PM||2865 km||1780 miles||1547 nm||S|
|Fakaofo||Wed 4:50 PM||3128 km||1943 miles||1689 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Tue 3:50 PM||3155 km||1960 miles||1704 nm||WSW|
|Rarotonga||Tue 5:50 PM||3472 km||2157 miles||1875 nm||SSW|
|Apia *||Wed 5:50 PM||3498 km||2173 miles||1889 nm||SW|
|Midway||Tue 4:50 PM||3680 km||2287 miles||1987 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Tue 4:50 PM||3789 km||2354 miles||2046 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Wed 3:50 PM||3969 km||2466 miles||2143 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.