Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 4:00:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Thursday, January 16, 2014 at 4:54 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 04:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.07 meters/second, 1598.6 km/hour, 993.3 miles/hour or 863.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||16.55 mi||West||0° 00' 09.8"||0.19 mi||North||16.56 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 52.1"||993.23 mi||West||0° 09' 54.9"||11.36 mi||North||993.08 mi|
|24 hours||11° 37' 02.4"||795.00 mi||East||3° 41' 37.0"||253.86 mi||North||830.42 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Wed 6:00 PM||959 km||596 miles||518 nm||SW|
|Honolulu||Tue 6:00 PM||1577 km||980 miles||852 nm||NNW|
|Papeete||Tue 6:00 PM||2877 km||1788 miles||1553 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Tue 4:00 PM||2900 km||1802 miles||1566 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 5:00 PM||2926 km||1818 miles||1580 nm||SW|
|Apia *||Wed 6:00 PM||3315 km||2060 miles||1790 nm||SW|
|Rarotonga||Tue 6:00 PM||3396 km||2110 miles||1834 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Tue 5:00 PM||3478 km||2161 miles||1878 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Tue 5:00 PM||3639 km||2261 miles||1965 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Wed 4:00 PM||3736 km||2322 miles||2017 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.