Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 4:40:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 51%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Thursday, January 16, 2014 at 4:54 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 04:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.94 meters/second, 1598.2 km/hour, 993.1 miles/hour or 863.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||16.55 mi||West||0° 00' 09.8"||0.19 mi||North||16.55 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 52.7"||992.96 mi||West||0° 09' 52.7"||11.32 mi||North||992.81 mi|
|24 hours||11° 36' 57.2"||794.67 mi||East||3° 40' 37.9"||252.73 mi||North||829.74 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Wed 6:40 PM||857 km||532 miles||463 nm||SSE|
|Honolulu||Tue 6:40 PM||1465 km||910 miles||791 nm||NNE|
|Baker Island||Tue 4:40 PM||1916 km||1191 miles||1035 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 5:40 PM||2260 km||1404 miles||1220 nm||SSW|
|Apia *||Wed 6:40 PM||2727 km||1695 miles||1473 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Tue 5:40 PM||2756 km||1713 miles||1488 nm||NW|
|Funafuti||Wed 4:40 PM||2866 km||1781 miles||1548 nm||SW|
|Tarawa||Wed 4:40 PM||2952 km||1834 miles||1594 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Wed 4:40 PM||3014 km||1873 miles||1628 nm||W|
|Papeete||Tue 6:40 PM||3157 km||1962 miles||1705 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.