Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 8:40:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 52%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Thursday, January 16, 2014 at 4:54 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 08:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.18 meters/second, 1595.5 km/hour, 991.4 miles/hour or 861.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||16.52 mi||West||0° 00' 09.7"||0.18 mi||North||16.52 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 55.0"||991.25 mi||West||0° 09' 39.3"||11.06 mi||North||991.08 mi|
|24 hours||11° 36' 31.5"||792.78 mi||East||3° 34' 35.8"||245.83 mi||North||825.72 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Colonia||Wed 6:40 PM||277 km||172 miles||150 nm||W|
|Hagåtña||Wed 6:40 PM||657 km||408 miles||355 nm||NE|
|Melekeok||Wed 5:40 PM||686 km||426 miles||370 nm||WSW|
|Saipan||Wed 6:40 PM||870 km||541 miles||470 nm||NE|
|Jayapura||Wed 5:40 PM||1294 km||804 miles||699 nm||S|
|Manokwari||Wed 5:40 PM||1326 km||824 miles||716 nm||SSW|
|Davao||Wed 4:40 PM||1670 km||1038 miles||902 nm||W|
|General Santos||Wed 4:40 PM||1737 km||1079 miles||938 nm||W|
|Manado||Wed 4:40 PM||1943 km||1207 miles||1049 nm||WSW|
|Palikir||Wed 7:40 PM||1949 km||1211 miles||1053 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.