Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 09:40:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 53%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Thursday, January 16, 2014 at 4:54 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 09:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.99 meters/second, 1594.7 km/hour, 990.9 miles/hour or 861.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||16.51 mi||west||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||north||16.52 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 55.5"||990.80 mi||west||0° 09' 35.8"||10.99 mi||north||990.64 mi|
|24 hours||11° 36' 26.7"||792.33 mi||east||3° 33' 03.4"||244.07 mi||north||824.73 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Surigao||Wed 5:40 PM||85 km||53 miles||46 nm||NW|
|Cagayan de Oro||Wed 5:40 PM||185 km||115 miles||100 nm||WSW|
|Baybay||Wed 5:40 PM||207 km||129 miles||112 nm||NW|
|Marawi City||Wed 5:40 PM||247 km||154 miles||134 nm||SW|
|Davao||Wed 5:40 PM||255 km||158 miles||137 nm||SSW|
|Cebu City||Wed 5:40 PM||264 km||164 miles||143 nm||WNW|
|General Santos||Wed 5:40 PM||369 km||230 miles||199 nm||SSW|
|Bacolod||Wed 5:40 PM||375 km||233 miles||202 nm||WNW|
|Iloilo City||Wed 5:40 PM||417 km||259 miles||225 nm||WNW|
|Zamboanga City||Wed 5:40 PM||518 km||322 miles||280 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.