Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 10:40:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 53%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Thursday, January 16, 2014 at 4:54 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 10:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.79 meters/second, 1594.0 km/hour, 990.5 miles/hour or 860.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||16.51 mi||west||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||north||16.51 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 56.1"||990.36 mi||west||0° 09' 32.2"||10.93 mi||north||990.19 mi|
|24 hours||11° 36' 22.4"||791.88 mi||east||3° 31' 30.1"||242.29 mi||north||823.75 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Nha Trang||Wed 5:40 PM||402 km||250 miles||217 nm||NW|
|Ho Chi Minh||Wed 5:40 PM||553 km||343 miles||298 nm||WNW|
|Kuala Belait||Wed 6:40 PM||615 km||382 miles||332 nm||SSE|
|Pekan Tutong||Wed 6:40 PM||618 km||384 miles||334 nm||SSE|
|Miri||Wed 6:40 PM||622 km||386 miles||336 nm||SSE|
|Bandar Seri Begawan||Wed 6:40 PM||626 km||389 miles||338 nm||SE|
|Kota Kinabalu||Wed 6:40 PM||628 km||390 miles||339 nm||SE|
|Cần Thơ||Wed 5:40 PM||640 km||398 miles||346 nm||W|
|Phnom Penh||Wed 5:40 PM||766 km||476 miles||414 nm||WNW|
|Puerto Princesa||Wed 6:40 PM||785 km||488 miles||424 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.