Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 2:40:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 55%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Thursday, January 16, 2014 at 4:54 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 14:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 441.97 meters/second, 1591.1 kilometres/hour, 988.6 miles/hour or 859.1 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||16.48 mi||West||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||North||16.48 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 57.7"||988.51 mi||West||0° 09' 17.9"||10.65 mi||North||988.33 mi|
|24 hours||11° 36' 12.0"||790.19 mi||East||3° 25' 09.5"||235.03 mi||North||819.92 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hadibu||Wed 5:40 PM||286 km||178 miles||154 nm||N|
|Bosaso||Wed 5:40 PM||493 km||306 miles||266 nm||WNW|
|Al Mukalla||Wed 5:40 PM||685 km||425 miles||370 nm||NW|
|Salalah||Wed 6:40 PM||766 km||476 miles||414 nm||N|
|Galkayo||Wed 5:40 PM||766 km||476 miles||414 nm||WSW|
|Aden||Wed 5:40 PM||973 km||605 miles||526 nm||WNW|
|Djibouti||Wed 5:40 PM||1147 km||713 miles||619 nm||W|
|Sana||Wed 5:40 PM||1165 km||724 miles||629 nm||WNW|
|Mogadishu||Wed 5:40 PM||1272 km||790 miles||687 nm||SW|
|Muscat||Wed 6:40 PM||1586 km||985 miles||856 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.