Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, January 9, 2014 at 09:40:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 63%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:40 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Thursday, January 16, 2014 at 4:53 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 9, 2014 at 09:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.69 meters/second, 1575.7 km/hour, 979.1 miles/hour or 850.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||16.32 mi||west||0° 00' 08.0"||0.15 mi||north||16.32 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 59.7"||978.98 mi||west||0° 08' 02.4"||9.21 mi||north||978.76 mi|
|24 hours||11° 37' 09.2"||783.62 mi||east||2° 52' 26.6"||197.60 mi||north||803.48 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Melekeok||Thu 6:40 PM||670 km||416 miles||362 nm||SSW|
|Hagåtña||Thu 7:40 PM||795 km||494 miles||429 nm||E|
|Saipan||Thu 7:40 PM||933 km||580 miles||504 nm||ENE|
|Davao||Thu 5:40 PM||1447 km||899 miles||781 nm||WSW|
|General Santos||Thu 5:40 PM||1540 km||957 miles||832 nm||WSW|
|Manokwari||Thu 6:40 PM||1565 km||972 miles||845 nm||SSW|
|Jayapura||Thu 6:40 PM||1742 km||1083 miles||941 nm||SSE|
|Quezon||Thu 5:40 PM||1783 km||1108 miles||963 nm||W|
|Manila||Thu 5:40 PM||1788 km||1111 miles||966 nm||W|
|Manado||Thu 5:40 PM||1875 km||1165 miles||1013 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.