Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, January 9, 2014 at 19:22:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 67%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Thursday, January 16, 2014 at 4:54 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 9, 2014 at 19:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.41 meters/second, 1567.5 km/hour, 974.0 miles/hour or 846.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||16.23 mi||west||0° 00' 07.4"||0.14 mi||north||16.23 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 57.8"||973.78 mi||west||0° 07' 19.9"||8.40 mi||north||973.56 mi|
|24 hours||11° 38' 24.2"||780.90 mi||east||2° 34' 20.7"||176.87 mi||north||796.12 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Ouahigouya||Thu 7:22 PM||95 km||59 miles||51 nm||SE|
|Dédougou||Thu 7:22 PM||188 km||117 miles||101 nm||SSW|
|Koudougou||Thu 7:22 PM||222 km||138 miles||120 nm||SSE|
|Ouagadougou||Thu 7:22 PM||258 km||160 miles||139 nm||SE|
|Koutiala||Thu 7:22 PM||321 km||199 miles||173 nm||SW|
|Dori||Thu 7:22 PM||331 km||206 miles||179 nm||E|
|Bobo-Dioulasso||Thu 7:22 PM||350 km||218 miles||189 nm||SSW|
|Sikasso||Thu 7:22 PM||418 km||260 miles||226 nm||SW|
|Fada N'gourma||Thu 7:22 PM||437 km||272 miles||236 nm||ESE|
|Bamako||Thu 7:22 PM||555 km||345 miles||300 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.