Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, January 9, 2014 at 19:22:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 67%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:40 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Thursday, January 16, 2014 at 4:53 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 9, 2014 at 19:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.40 meters/second, 1567.5 km/hour, 974.0 miles/hour or 846.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||16.23 mi||west||0° 00' 07.4"||0.14 mi||north||16.23 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 57.8"||973.77 mi||west||0° 07' 19.8"||8.40 mi||north||973.55 mi|
|24 hours||11° 38' 24.2"||780.89 mi||east||2° 34' 18.5"||176.83 mi||north||796.11 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Ouahigouya||Thu 7:22 PM||119 km||74 miles||64 nm||ESE|
|Dédougou||Thu 7:22 PM||184 km||114 miles||99 nm||S|
|Koudougou||Thu 7:22 PM||234 km||145 miles||126 nm||SSE|
|Ouagadougou||Thu 7:22 PM||278 km||173 miles||150 nm||SE|
|Koutiala||Thu 7:22 PM||298 km||185 miles||161 nm||SW|
|Bobo-Dioulasso||Thu 7:22 PM||341 km||212 miles||184 nm||SSW|
|Dori||Thu 7:22 PM||360 km||224 miles||194 nm||E|
|Sikasso||Thu 7:22 PM||399 km||248 miles||216 nm||SW|
|Fada N'gourma||Thu 7:22 PM||463 km||288 miles||250 nm||ESE|
|Bamako||Thu 7:22 PM||528 km||328 miles||285 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.