Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 9, 2014 at 7:22:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 67%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Thursday, January 16, 2014 at 4:54 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 9, 2014 at 19:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.41 meters/second, 1567.5 km/hour, 974.0 miles/hour or 846.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||16.23 mi||West||0° 00' 07.4"||0.14 mi||North||16.23 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 57.8"||973.78 mi||West||0° 07' 19.9"||8.40 mi||North||973.56 mi|
|24 hours||11° 38' 24.2"||780.90 mi||East||2° 34' 20.7"||176.87 mi||North||796.12 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Ouahigouya||Thu 7:22 PM||95 km||59 miles||51 nm||SE|
|Dédougou||Thu 7:22 PM||188 km||117 miles||101 nm||SSW|
|Koudougou||Thu 7:22 PM||222 km||138 miles||120 nm||SSE|
|Ouagadougou||Thu 7:22 PM||258 km||160 miles||139 nm||SE|
|Koutiala||Thu 7:22 PM||321 km||199 miles||173 nm||SW|
|Dori||Thu 7:22 PM||331 km||206 miles||179 nm||E|
|Bobo-Dioulasso||Thu 7:22 PM||350 km||218 miles||189 nm||SSW|
|Sikasso||Thu 7:22 PM||418 km||260 miles||226 nm||SW|
|Fada N'gourma||Thu 7:22 PM||437 km||272 miles||236 nm||ESE|
|Bamako||Thu 7:22 PM||555 km||345 miles||300 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.