Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, January 15, 2014 at 04:52:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:40 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Thursday, January 16, 2014 at 4:53 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 15, 2014 at 04:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.30 meters/second, 1538.3 km/hour, 955.8 miles/hour or 830.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||15.93 mi||west||0° 00' 03.8"||0.07 mi||south||15.93 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 36.8"||955.67 mi||west||0° 03' 56.0"||4.51 mi||south||955.86 mi|
|24 hours||11° 13' 53.6"||738.96 mi||east||1° 55' 44.3"||132.66 mi||south||754.60 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|George Town (Cayman)||Tue 11:52 PM||229 km||142 miles||124 nm||NE|
|Puerto Cabezas||Tue 10:52 PM||443 km||275 miles||239 nm||S|
|La Ceiba||Tue 10:52 PM||468 km||291 miles||253 nm||WSW|
|Pinar del Río||Tue 11:52 PM||491 km||305 miles||265 nm||N|
|Playa del Carmen||Tue 10:52 PM||511 km||317 miles||276 nm||NW|
|San Pedro||Tue 10:52 PM||519 km||323 miles||280 nm||W|
|Cancún||Tue 10:52 PM||528 km||328 miles||285 nm||NW|
|Montego Bay||Tue 11:52 PM||546 km||339 miles||295 nm||E|
|Belize City||Tue 10:52 PM||547 km||340 miles||295 nm||W|
|Chetumal||Tue 10:52 PM||556 km||346 miles||300 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.