Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, January 15, 2014 at 10:52:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, January 8, 2014 at 3:41 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Thursday, January 16, 2014 at 4:54 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 15, 2014 at 22:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 430.74 meters/second, 1550.7 km/hour, 963.5 miles/hour or 837.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.06 mi||West||0° 00' 05.2"||0.10 mi||South||16.06 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 05.9"||963.33 mi||West||0° 05' 18.9"||6.09 mi||South||963.57 mi|
|24 hours||11° 01' 51.2"||731.16 mi||East||2° 26' 38.8"||168.05 mi||South||754.53 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Moussoro||Wed 11:52 PM||344 km||214 miles||186 nm||SSE|
|Faya-Largeau||Wed 11:52 PM||393 km||244 miles||212 nm||ENE|
|Ndjamena||Wed 11:52 PM||506 km||314 miles||273 nm||S|
|Mongo||Wed 11:52 PM||591 km||367 miles||319 nm||SE|
|Maiduguri||Wed 11:52 PM||597 km||371 miles||322 nm||SSW|
|Fada||Wed 11:52 PM||634 km||394 miles||342 nm||E|
|Abéché||Wed 11:52 PM||637 km||396 miles||344 nm||ESE|
|Zinder||Wed 11:52 PM||782 km||486 miles||422 nm||WSW|
|Agadez||Wed 11:52 PM||818 km||509 miles||442 nm||W|
|Garoua||Wed 11:52 PM||848 km||527 miles||458 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.