Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, January 16, 2014 at 05:02:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Thursday, January 16, 2014 at 4:53 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Friday, January 24, 2014 at 5:19 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 16, 2014 at 05:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 432.08 meters/second, 1555.5 km/hour, 966.5 miles/hour or 839.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.11 mi||west||0° 00' 05.6"||0.11 mi||south||16.11 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 16.2"||966.39 mi||west||0° 05' 45.4"||6.60 mi||south||966.64 mi|
|24 hours||10° 57' 41.7"||728.72 mi||east||2° 36' 24.4"||179.24 mi||south||754.81 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Port-au-Prince||Thu 12:02 AM||340 km||211 miles||184 nm||NE|
|Kingston||Thu 12:02 AM||343 km||213 miles||185 nm||NW|
|May Pen||Thu 12:02 AM||381 km||237 miles||206 nm||NW|
|Gonaïves||Thu 12:02 AM||408 km||254 miles||220 nm||NNE|
|Cap-Haïtien||Thu 12:02 AM||462 km||287 miles||250 nm||NNE|
|Santiago de Cuba||Thu 12:02 AM||468 km||291 miles||253 nm||NNW|
|Montego Bay||Thu 12:02 AM||471 km||293 miles||254 nm||NW|
|Santo Domingo||Thu 1:02 AM||529 km||329 miles||286 nm||ENE|
|Santiago de los Caballeros||Thu 1:02 AM||530 km||330 miles||286 nm||NE|
|Puerto Plata||Thu 1:02 AM||559 km||347 miles||302 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.