Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 16, 2014 at 5:52:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Thursday, January 16, 2014 at 4:54 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Friday, January 24, 2014 at 5:21 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 16, 2014 at 05:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 432.26 meters/second, 1556.1 km/hour, 966.9 miles/hour or 840.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.12 mi||West||0° 00' 05.7"||0.11 mi||South||16.12 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 17.6"||966.73 mi||West||0° 05' 48.8"||6.66 mi||South||966.98 mi|
|24 hours||10° 57' 09.0"||728.36 mi||East||2° 37' 39.6"||180.66 mi||South||754.80 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Guanaja||Wed 11:52 PM||54 km||34 miles||29 nm||NNE|
|Roatán||Wed 11:52 PM||59 km||37 miles||32 nm||NW|
|La Ceiba||Wed 11:52 PM||78 km||49 miles||42 nm||WSW|
|Tela||Wed 11:52 PM||147 km||91 miles||79 nm||W|
|Choloma||Wed 11:52 PM||203 km||126 miles||110 nm||WSW|
|San Pedro Sula||Wed 11:52 PM||214 km||133 miles||115 nm||WSW|
|Tegucigalpa||Wed 11:52 PM||242 km||150 miles||131 nm||SSW|
|Dangriga||Wed 11:52 PM||251 km||156 miles||136 nm||WNW|
|Belize City||Wed 11:52 PM||279 km||173 miles||150 nm||NW|
|Punta Gorda||Wed 11:52 PM||290 km||180 miles||157 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.