Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 17, 2014 at 4:52:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Thursday, January 16, 2014 at 4:54 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Friday, January 24, 2014 at 5:21 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 17, 2014 at 04:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.56 meters/second, 1575.2 km/hour, 978.8 miles/hour or 850.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.9"||16.31 mi||West||0° 00' 07.2"||0.14 mi||South||16.31 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 56.1"||978.62 mi||West||0° 07' 16.7"||8.34 mi||South||978.91 mi|
|24 hours||10° 42' 48.6"||720.69 mi||East||3° 09' 27.2"||217.04 mi||South||756.85 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Vieux Fort||Fri 12:52 AM||47 km||29 miles||25 nm||NW|
|Castries||Fri 12:52 AM||72 km||45 miles||39 nm||NW|
|Kingstown||Fri 12:52 AM||78 km||48 miles||42 nm||WSW|
|Bridgetown||Fri 12:52 AM||114 km||71 miles||62 nm||ESE|
|Fort-de-France||Fri 12:52 AM||134 km||83 miles||72 nm||NNW|
|Saint George's||Fri 12:52 AM||203 km||126 miles||110 nm||SW|
|Roseau||Fri 12:52 AM||217 km||135 miles||117 nm||NNW|
|Scarborough||Fri 12:52 AM||256 km||159 miles||138 nm||S|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Fri 12:52 AM||303 km||188 miles||164 nm||NNW|
|Pointe-à-Pitre||Fri 12:52 AM||320 km||199 miles||173 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.