Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 23, 2014 at 4:56:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 56%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Thursday, January 16, 2014 at 4:54 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Friday, January 24, 2014 at 5:21 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 23, 2014 at 16:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.58 meters/second, 1586.1 km/hour, 985.5 miles/hour or 856.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||16.42 mi||West||0° 00' 09.0"||0.17 mi||South||16.43 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 40.2"||985.36 mi||West||0° 08' 57.4"||10.26 mi||South||985.16 mi|
|24 hours||12° 04' 15.4"||819.68 mi||East||3° 20' 26.1"||229.64 mi||South||846.32 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fakaofo||Fri 5:56 AM||188 km||117 miles||101 nm||NNE|
|Atafu||Fri 5:56 AM||286 km||178 miles||154 nm||NNW|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Fri 6:56 AM||309 km||192 miles||167 nm||S|
|Apia *||Fri 6:56 AM||314 km||195 miles||170 nm||S|
|Pago Pago||Thu 5:56 AM||379 km||235 miles||204 nm||SSE|
|Mata-Utu||Fri 4:56 AM||550 km||342 miles||297 nm||WSW|
|Rawaki||Fri 5:56 AM||811 km||504 miles||438 nm||N|
|Neiafu||Fri 5:56 AM||883 km||548 miles||477 nm||SSW|
|Kanton Island||Fri 5:56 AM||905 km||562 miles||489 nm||N|
|Alofi||Thu 5:56 AM||912 km||567 miles||492 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.