Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 23, 2014 at 5:18:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 55%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Thursday, January 16, 2014 at 4:54 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Friday, January 24, 2014 at 5:21 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 23, 2014 at 17:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.48 meters/second, 1585.7 km/hour, 985.3 miles/hour or 856.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||16.42 mi||West||0° 00' 09.0"||0.17 mi||South||16.42 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 38.7"||985.15 mi||West||0° 08' 56.5"||10.24 mi||South||984.95 mi|
|24 hours||12° 04' 55.4"||820.28 mi||East||3° 19' 56.1"||229.07 mi||South||846.74 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mata-Utu||Fri 5:18 AM||266 km||165 miles||143 nm||SSE|
|Funafuti||Fri 5:18 AM||501 km||312 miles||271 nm||WNW|
|Atafu||Fri 6:18 AM||565 km||351 miles||305 nm||ENE|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Fri 7:18 AM||600 km||373 miles||324 nm||ESE|
|Apia *||Fri 7:18 AM||647 km||402 miles||350 nm||ESE|
|Fakaofo||Fri 6:18 AM||663 km||412 miles||358 nm||ENE|
|Labasa||Fri 5:18 AM||713 km||443 miles||385 nm||SSW|
|Pago Pago||Thu 6:18 AM||772 km||480 miles||417 nm||ESE|
|Neiafu||Fri 6:18 AM||902 km||561 miles||487 nm||SSE|
|Suva||Fri 5:18 AM||926 km||575 miles||500 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.