Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 23, 2014 at 11:18:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 53%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Thursday, January 16, 2014 at 4:54 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Friday, January 24, 2014 at 5:21 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 23, 2014 at 23:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 438.90 meters/second, 1580.0 km/hour, 981.8 miles/hour or 853.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.36 mi||West||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||South||16.36 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 13.0"||981.59 mi||West||0° 08' 39.0"||9.91 mi||South||981.38 mi|
|24 hours||12° 16' 04.2"||830.30 mi||East||3° 11' 19.0"||219.21 mi||South||853.61 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bantam||Fri 5:48 AM||106 km||66 miles||57 nm||ESE|
|Bengkulu||Fri 6:18 AM||1138 km||707 miles||614 nm||NE|
|Jakarta||Fri 6:18 AM||1355 km||842 miles||732 nm||ENE|
|Palembang||Fri 6:18 AM||1387 km||862 miles||749 nm||NE|
|Bandung||Fri 6:18 AM||1395 km||867 miles||753 nm||ENE|
|Singapore||Fri 7:18 AM||1703 km||1058 miles||919 nm||NNE|
|Medan||Fri 6:18 AM||1742 km||1082 miles||941 nm||N|
|Kuala Lumpur||Fri 7:18 AM||1786 km||1110 miles||964 nm||NNE|
|Malang||Fri 6:18 AM||1881 km||1169 miles||1016 nm||ENE|
|Surabaya||Fri 6:18 AM||1914 km||1189 miles||1034 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.