Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, January 24, 2014 at 11:18:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 48%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Friday, January 24, 2014 at 5:21 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 9:40 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, January 24, 2014 at 11:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.57 meters/second, 1568.1 km/hour, 974.3 miles/hour or 846.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.3"||16.24 mi||West||0° 00' 08.0"||0.15 mi||South||16.24 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 18.0"||974.11 mi||West||0° 07' 57.9"||9.13 mi||South||973.88 mi|
|24 hours||12° 39' 24.6"||851.00 mi||East||2° 51' 21.7"||196.36 mi||South||868.02 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Callao||Fri 6:18 AM||198 km||123 miles||107 nm||NNE|
|Lima||Fri 6:18 AM||201 km||125 miles||108 nm||NNE|
|Machu Picchu Pueblo||Fri 6:18 AM||597 km||371 miles||322 nm||E|
|Trujillo||Fri 6:18 AM||617 km||383 miles||333 nm||N|
|Arequipa||Fri 6:18 AM||762 km||474 miles||412 nm||ESE|
|La Paz||Fri 7:18 AM||1110 km||690 miles||599 nm||ESE|
|Rio Branco||Fri 6:18 AM||1181 km||734 miles||638 nm||ENE|
|Guayaquil||Fri 6:18 AM||1276 km||793 miles||689 nm||N|
|Quito||Fri 6:18 AM||1481 km||920 miles||799 nm||N|
|Sucre||Fri 7:18 AM||1489 km||925 miles||804 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.