Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 28, 2014 at 11:32:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 6%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Friday, January 24, 2014 at 5:21 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 9:40 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 28, 2014 at 23:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 422.48 meters/second, 1520.9 kilometres/hour, 945.1 miles/hour or 821.2 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.0"||15.75 mi||West||0° 00' 04.2"||0.08 mi||North||15.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 59.5"||944.80 mi||West||0° 04' 24.2"||5.05 mi||North||945.01 mi|
|24 hours||14° 43' 08.6"||966.85 mi||East||2° 22' 05.6"||162.86 mi||North||986.68 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Noumea||Wed 10:32 AM||723 km||449 miles||390 nm||SE|
|Luganville||Wed 10:32 AM||727 km||452 miles||393 nm||ENE|
|Port Vila||Wed 10:32 AM||779 km||484 miles||421 nm||E|
|Honiara||Wed 10:32 AM||984 km||612 miles||531 nm||N|
|Brisbane||Wed 9:32 AM||1304 km||810 miles||704 nm||SW|
|Cairns||Wed 9:32 AM||1620 km||1007 miles||875 nm||W|
|Port Moresby||Wed 9:32 AM||1780 km||1106 miles||961 nm||WNW|
|Suva||Wed 11:32 AM||1845 km||1147 miles||996 nm||E|
|Sydney *||Wed 10:32 AM||1982 km||1232 miles||1070 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Wed 11:32 AM||2066 km||1284 miles||1115 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.