Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, January 29, 2014 at 9:38:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Friday, January 24, 2014 at 5:21 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 9:40 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 29, 2014 at 21:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.60 meters/second, 1539.4 km/hour, 956.5 miles/hour or 831.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.4"||15.94 mi||West||0° 00' 07.2"||0.14 mi||North||15.94 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 29.6"||956.31 mi||West||0° 07' 15.5"||8.32 mi||North||956.64 mi|
|24 hours||14° 23' 40.3"||956.51 mi||East||3° 24' 21.3"||234.16 mi||North||992.16 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Wed 11:38 AM||638 km||396 miles||344 nm||SSW|
|Papeete||Wed 11:38 AM||803 km||499 miles||434 nm||ESE|
|Alofi||Wed 10:38 AM||1413 km||878 miles||763 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Thu 11:38 AM||1613 km||1002 miles||871 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Thu 10:38 AM||1717 km||1067 miles||927 nm||WNW|
|Kiritimati||Thu 11:38 AM||1991 km||1237 miles||1075 nm||N|
|Nukualofa||Thu 10:38 AM||2001 km||1243 miles||1080 nm||WSW|
|Suva||Thu 9:38 AM||2627 km||1632 miles||1418 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Thu 9:38 AM||2724 km||1693 miles||1471 nm||WNW|
|Baker Island||Wed 9:38 AM||2803 km||1742 miles||1514 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.