Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, January 29, 2014 at 10:32:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Friday, January 24, 2014 at 5:21 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 9:40 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 29, 2014 at 22:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.85 meters/second, 1540.3 km/hour, 957.1 miles/hour or 831.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.4"||15.95 mi||West||0° 00' 07.2"||0.14 mi||North||15.95 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 31.7"||956.88 mi||West||0° 07' 21.9"||8.44 mi||North||957.21 mi|
|24 hours||14° 22' 37.4"||955.87 mi||East||3° 26' 35.3"||236.72 mi||North||992.16 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Pago Pago||Wed 11:32 AM||212 km||132 miles||114 nm||NNW|
|Apia *||Thu 12:32 PM||314 km||195 miles||170 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Wed 11:32 AM||335 km||208 miles||181 nm||S|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Thu 12:32 PM||355 km||220 miles||192 nm||NW|
|Neiafu||Thu 11:32 AM||521 km||324 miles||281 nm||SW|
|Pangai||Thu 11:32 AM||630 km||391 miles||340 nm||SW|
|Mata-Utu||Thu 10:32 AM||738 km||459 miles||399 nm||WNW|
|Fakaofo||Thu 11:32 AM||750 km||466 miles||405 nm||N|
|Nukualofa||Thu 11:32 AM||794 km||494 miles||429 nm||SW|
|Atafu||Thu 11:32 AM||875 km||544 miles||473 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.