Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, January 29, 2014 at 23:32:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Friday, January 24, 2014 at 5:19 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 9:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 29, 2014 at 23:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.14 meters/second, 1541.3 km/hour, 957.7 miles/hour or 832.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.4"||15.96 mi||west||0° 00' 07.4"||0.14 mi||north||15.96 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 34.2"||957.58 mi||west||0° 07' 29.1"||8.58 mi||north||957.92 mi|
|24 hours||345° 38' 34.5"||955.20 mi||west||3° 29' 05.2"||239.59 mi||north||992.21 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Lautoka||Thu 11:32 AM||287 km||178 miles||155 nm||SE|
|Nadi||Thu 11:32 AM||299 km||186 miles||161 nm||SE|
|Suva||Thu 11:32 AM||404 km||251 miles||218 nm||SE|
|Port Vila||Thu 10:32 AM||784 km||487 miles||424 nm||WSW|
|Luganville||Thu 10:32 AM||886 km||550 miles||478 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Thu 11:32 AM||915 km||569 miles||494 nm||NNE|
|Nukualofa||Thu 12:32 PM||1146 km||712 miles||619 nm||ESE|
|Noumea||Thu 10:32 AM||1178 km||732 miles||636 nm||SW|
|Apia *||Thu 1:32 PM||1396 km||868 miles||754 nm||E|
|Alofi||Wed 12:32 PM||1595 km||991 miles||861 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.