Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, January 29, 2014 at 23:42:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Friday, January 24, 2014 at 5:19 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 9:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 29, 2014 at 23:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.19 meters/second, 1541.5 km/hour, 957.8 miles/hour or 832.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.6"||15.96 mi||west||0° 00' 07.4"||0.14 mi||north||15.96 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 34.5"||957.62 mi||west||0° 07' 30.2"||8.60 mi||north||957.96 mi|
|24 hours||345° 38' 46.5"||955.02 mi||west||3° 29' 29.5"||240.04 mi||north||992.14 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Lautoka||Thu 11:42 AM||509 km||316 miles||275 nm||ESE|
|Nadi||Thu 11:42 AM||514 km||319 miles||277 nm||ESE|
|Port Vila||Thu 10:42 AM||542 km||337 miles||293 nm||WSW|
|Suva||Thu 11:42 AM||626 km||389 miles||338 nm||ESE|
|Luganville||Thu 10:42 AM||629 km||391 miles||339 nm||W|
|Noumea||Thu 10:42 AM||989 km||615 miles||534 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Thu 11:42 AM||1057 km||657 miles||571 nm||NE|
|Nukualofa||Thu 12:42 PM||1372 km||852 miles||741 nm||ESE|
|Honiara||Thu 10:42 AM||1589 km||987 miles||858 nm||WNW|
|Apia *||Thu 1:42 PM||1651 km||1026 miles||892 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.