Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 12:30:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Friday, January 24, 2014 at 5:21 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 9:40 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 00:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.41 meters/second, 1542.3 km/hour, 958.3 miles/hour or 832.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.6"||15.97 mi||West||0° 00' 07.5"||0.14 mi||North||15.97 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 36.4"||958.12 mi||West||0° 07' 35.8"||8.71 mi||North||958.46 mi|
|24 hours||14° 20' 17.1"||954.44 mi||East||3° 31' 22.6"||242.20 mi||North||992.11 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Luganville||Thu 11:30 AM||579 km||360 miles||313 nm||E|
|Port Vila||Thu 11:30 AM||729 km||453 miles||394 nm||ESE|
|Honiara||Thu 11:30 AM||730 km||454 miles||394 nm||NNW|
|Noumea||Thu 11:30 AM||870 km||540 miles||470 nm||SSE|
|Gizo||Thu 11:30 AM||1005 km||625 miles||543 nm||NNW|
|Brisbane||Thu 10:30 AM||1579 km||981 miles||852 nm||SSW|
|Cairns||Thu 10:30 AM||1714 km||1065 miles||926 nm||W|
|Port Moresby||Thu 10:30 AM||1733 km||1077 miles||935 nm||WNW|
|Yaren||Thu 12:30 PM||1777 km||1104 miles||960 nm||NNE|
|Suva||Thu 12:30 PM||1791 km||1113 miles||967 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.