Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 12:40:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Friday, January 24, 2014 at 5:21 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 9:40 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 12:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 432.01 meters/second, 1555.2 km/hour, 966.4 miles/hour or 839.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.1"||16.11 mi||West||0° 00' 08.8"||0.17 mi||North||16.11 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 10.2"||966.21 mi||West||0° 08' 54.5"||10.21 mi||North||966.57 mi|
|24 hours||14° 04' 28.1"||944.18 mi||East||3° 57' 59.8"||272.66 mi||North||989.90 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jamestown||Thu 12:40 PM||849 km||527 miles||458 nm||ESE|
|Monrovia||Thu 12:40 PM||2278 km||1415 miles||1230 nm||N|
|Abidjan||Thu 12:40 PM||2386 km||1482 miles||1288 nm||NNE|
|Recife||Thu 9:40 AM||2442 km||1517 miles||1319 nm||WNW|
|Yamoussoukro||Thu 12:40 PM||2483 km||1543 miles||1341 nm||NNE|
|Freetown||Thu 12:40 PM||2500 km||1553 miles||1350 nm||N|
|Conakry||Thu 12:40 PM||2613 km||1624 miles||1411 nm||N|
|Accra||Thu 12:40 PM||2617 km||1626 miles||1413 nm||NE|
|São Tomé||Thu 12:40 PM||2734 km||1699 miles||1476 nm||NE|
|Lomé||Thu 12:40 PM||2760 km||1715 miles||1490 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.