Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 18:30:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Friday, January 24, 2014 at 5:21 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 9:40 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 18:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 433.79 meters/second, 1561.7 km/hour, 970.4 miles/hour or 843.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.5"||16.17 mi||west||0° 00' 09.3"||0.18 mi||north||16.17 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 29.0"||970.20 mi||west||0° 09' 27.8"||10.84 mi||north||970.58 mi|
|24 hours||13° 56' 17.4"||938.57 mi||east||4° 08' 49.2"||285.04 mi||north||987.72 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Galapagos Islands||Thu 12:30 PM||1613 km||1002 miles||871 nm||NNE|
|Easter Island *||Thu 1:30 PM||1973 km||1226 miles||1065 nm||SW|
|Lima||Thu 1:30 PM||2217 km||1378 miles||1197 nm||E|
|Guayaquil||Thu 1:30 PM||2281 km||1418 miles||1232 nm||ENE|
|Quito||Thu 1:30 PM||2534 km||1574 miles||1368 nm||ENE|
|San Jose||Thu 12:30 PM||2955 km||1836 miles||1596 nm||NNE|
|Managua||Thu 12:30 PM||3065 km||1904 miles||1655 nm||NNE|
|San Salvador||Thu 12:30 PM||3113 km||1934 miles||1681 nm||NNE|
|Panama||Thu 1:30 PM||3155 km||1960 miles||1703 nm||NE|
|La Paz||Thu 2:30 PM||3170 km||1969 miles||1711 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.