Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 18:32:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Friday, January 24, 2014 at 5:19 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 9:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 18:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 433.81 meters/second, 1561.7 km/hour, 970.4 miles/hour or 843.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.5"||16.17 mi||west||0° 00' 09.3"||0.18 mi||north||16.17 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 29.1"||970.31 mi||west||0° 09' 28.1"||10.85 mi||north||970.68 mi|
|24 hours||13° 56' 12.9"||938.59 mi||east||4° 08' 54.7"||285.16 mi||north||987.77 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Galapagos Islands||Thu 12:32 PM||1658 km||1030 miles||895 nm||NE|
|Easter Island *||Thu 1:32 PM||1926 km||1197 miles||1040 nm||SW|
|Lima||Thu 1:32 PM||2298 km||1428 miles||1241 nm||E|
|Guayaquil||Thu 1:32 PM||2351 km||1461 miles||1269 nm||ENE|
|Quito||Thu 1:32 PM||2602 km||1617 miles||1405 nm||ENE|
|San Jose||Thu 12:32 PM||2996 km||1862 miles||1618 nm||NNE|
|Managua||Thu 12:32 PM||3098 km||1925 miles||1673 nm||NNE|
|San Salvador||Thu 12:32 PM||3137 km||1949 miles||1694 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Thu 12:32 PM||3191 km||1983 miles||1723 nm||NNE|
|Panama||Thu 1:32 PM||3207 km||1992 miles||1731 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.