Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 9:28:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Friday, January 24, 2014 at 5:21 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 9:40 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 21:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.70 meters/second, 1564.9 km/hour, 972.4 miles/hour or 845.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.5"||16.21 mi||West||0° 00' 09.7"||0.18 mi||North||16.21 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 38.8"||972.24 mi||West||0° 09' 43.6"||11.14 mi||North||972.61 mi|
|24 hours||13° 52' 02.4"||935.58 mi||East||4° 13' 49.4"||290.76 mi||North||986.34 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Thu 11:58 AM||422 km||262 miles||228 nm||N|
|Papeete||Thu 11:28 AM||1140 km||708 miles||615 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Thu 1:28 PM||1725 km||1072 miles||931 nm||SE|
|Rarotonga||Thu 11:28 AM||2287 km||1421 miles||1235 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 11:28 AM||2493 km||1549 miles||1346 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Thu 10:28 AM||3257 km||2024 miles||1759 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 10:28 AM||3410 km||2119 miles||1841 nm||W|
|Apia *||Fri 11:28 AM||3424 km||2128 miles||1849 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Thu 4:28 PM||3582 km||2226 miles||1934 nm||ESE|
|Nukualofa||Fri 10:28 AM||3836 km||2384 miles||2071 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.