Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 9:32:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Friday, January 24, 2014 at 5:21 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 9:40 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 21:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.72 meters/second, 1565.0 km/hour, 972.4 miles/hour or 845.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.5"||16.21 mi||West||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||North||16.21 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 39.2"||972.28 mi||West||0° 09' 43.9"||11.15 mi||North||972.65 mi|
|24 hours||13° 51' 56.7"||935.51 mi||East||4° 13' 55.9"||290.89 mi||North||986.31 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Thu 12:02 PM||451 km||280 miles||243 nm||NNE|
|Papeete||Thu 11:32 AM||1050 km||652 miles||567 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Thu 1:32 PM||1789 km||1112 miles||966 nm||SE|
|Rarotonga||Thu 11:32 AM||2194 km||1364 miles||1185 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 11:32 AM||2412 km||1499 miles||1303 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Thu 10:32 AM||3157 km||1962 miles||1705 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 10:32 AM||3306 km||2054 miles||1785 nm||W|
|Apia *||Fri 11:32 AM||3321 km||2063 miles||1793 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Thu 4:32 PM||3672 km||2282 miles||1983 nm||ESE|
|Nukualofa||Fri 10:32 AM||3738 km||2323 miles||2018 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.